11 days, customized to your budget
Ecuador is history: fascinating indigenous cultures, slow winding rivers and lush tropical forests, spectacular snow capped volcanoes and some of the most exciting wildlife on earth. Ecuador is also fascinating food experiences with rich history behind every plate. During this 11-day culinary journey through the mainland and the Galapagos Islands, food provides the canvas for once-in-a-lifetime experiences and a window into the souls of local people and places. And, of course, the food is as fresh, organic and diverse as the country itself.
- History and culture tour of Quito
- Guided tour of Cotopaxi National Park, where you will be able to see the snow capped summits of both the Cotopaxi and the Antisana volcanoes, and visit a traditional Indigenous marketplace
- Two days on Baltra Island, the gateway to the Galapagos, where you’ll have a chance to kayak, snorkel and stand up paddleboard (SUP) alongside the famous Galapagos wildlife, such as blue-footed boobies, sea lions, brown pelicans, a variet of herons and white-tipped reef sharks.
- Two days on Floreana Island in the Galapagos, hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling with local guides while learning about the island way of life, and the incredibly diverse wildlife.
- Two days on Isabela Island swimming alongside penguins and friendly sea lions, visiting a giant tortoise breeding center, and hiking to the world’s second largest crater.
- Gourmet cooking class presented by one of Quito’s most renowned chefs in an elegant private dining area at one of the best restaurants in Quito. Learn the secrets of a master chef as you prepare some of the restaurant’s delightful dishes and present them in style.
- Sleep at a Andes mountain lodge and experience a 10-course tasting menu showcasing the best Ecuadorian ingredients. The tasting menu, called Nuna (“Soul” in the local language) will be prepared especially for you by a renowned local chef who has worked in several of the world’s best restaurants.
- Stay on a private tortoise reserve in a luxury tented camp, where you’ll enjoy three course affairs prepared by expert chefs in an open-air kitchen, followed by an after-drink made with local liquor, best enjoyed in front of a crackling fire while sharing your tales of adventure.
- Barbecue lunch in a tiny Galapagos village, prepared by a local family
- Special 7-course menu known as “Blue Footed Booby on the Rock”, combining the most exquisite ingredients of both continental Ecuador and the enchanted islands.
- Foodie-focused day in Guayaquil, including a farm-to-table lunch on a working farm and a tour of the famous Cocoa Plantation, including hands-on activities and plenty of indulgent samples!