What’s better than vacation? An even better vacation! Jokes aren’t our strong suit, but planning incredible vacations are. We’re sharing some of that vacation-creation wisdom with you, so you too can #TravelBetter. Make these five trip swaps to your existing vacation plans and make them even better!
- Connect in nature instead of crowds. Make sure to always include time with nature in all of your trips. These natural settings can only be found right where you are and have been proven to make you feel better. Nature invigorates you, teaches you something about the world and can give you an adrenaline rush.
- Use Qualified Local Guides instead of your guidebook. Local guides know the sights and can provide better interpretation. They also know the destinations, tourist patterns and the people providing you with a seamless and informative experience.
- Travel Deeper instead of staying on the between path. You might want to see the major attractions, but make sure to add in some hidden gems. You’ll meet locals, feel more of a connection with your destination and avoid the crowds.
- Eat Local Food instead of your favorites from home. Sample some of the local specialties to experience the culture, and who knows, you might just find your new favorite meal. “Food is a central activity of mankind and one of the single most significant trademarks of a culture,” said author Mark Kurlansky.
- Stay in responsible hotels instead of generic accommodations. Responsible hotels not only reduce their impact on the environment, but they also tend to be in spectacular locations, use local products and hire local employees.
All of this adds up to a vacation of a lifetime. Stay tuned for more on traveling better. This year #TravelBetter for vacations that stay with you.