Here’s your opportunity to check that dream whale-watching experience right off your bucket list. Find yourself at an exclusive safari-style base camp situated on a secluded island beach in Magdalena Bay, a prime spot for gray whales to migrate every year and give birth to baby calves.
Baja Whale Watching Adventure
During your daily whale-watching excursions, you’ll ride motor skiffs out to sea where you can observe various behaviors like breaching, and even touch the noses of the friendly animals. Back at camp, you can continue to relax and watch from the shore as the baby calves learn what it means to be a majestic animal of the sea.
- Standard hotels upon arrival and departure.
- Several days at safari-style base camp, with comfortable quality equipment and all your food prepared for you.
- Daily whale-watching expeditions led by professional naturalists.
- Various opportunities for dune hiking, beachcombing, and birding in mangrove channels.
- Fresh authentic Mexican meals and margaritas that celebrate the culture and cuisine of the region.
Note: In addition to Magdalena Bay trips, we also offer a whale-watching adventure in San Ignacio Lagoon, another gray whale hotspot in Baja.
Let’s work together to Find Your GreenSpot
No two GreenSpot trips are the same. Each one of our handcrafted itineraries brings the Eco-Luxe concept to life, and clients tell us time and time again that we designed and delivered the ideal experience for them.
10 Years of Global Recognition
Condé Nast Traveler
Top Costa Rica Specialist Since 2006
GreenSpot founders Irene and Richard Edwards have long been recognized by the iconic travel publication for their Costa Rica expertise.View GreenSpot's Condé Nast Traveler profile. Learn More
Wendy Perrin WOW List
Costa Rica Trusted Travel Expert
In both 2015 and 2016, travel industry expert Wendy Perrin named GreenSpot's Irene and Richard Edwards to her WOW List for Costa Rica.Read Wendy's traveler reviews about GreenSpot. Learn More